Monday, April 4, 2011

Can there be another 2nd April 2011 in our liftime??

After having witnessed the wildest of celebrations for 3 nights 24th March (win over Australia), 30th March (win over Pakistan) and 2nd April (win over SL in the finals), on the streets of Ahmedabad, I am wondering if there would EVER be a celebration like this again.

I believe not.

The energy level, the enthusiasm, the sense of belongingness, the sheer joy of being on top of the world, cannot be matched by anything ever in atleast our lifetimes. The only other time that we might get into this mode if India ever won the Soccer World Cup, and we all know that isn’t happening for a few decades. It was quite refreshing to see people being nice to each other.

I don’t think I have seen sooo many flags of India proudly being displayed and waved at the same time. I don’t think there is every going to be another similar event that will bring together our disintegrated nation together to celebrate as one.

But then, I didn’t think India could celebrate like this for 3 nights to start with. So I hope I am wrong on this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment